Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Home Safe from Iraq - Afghanistan is Next

My son, Shaun arrived back in the States from Iraq a couple of weeks ago. He finally had a chance to take off from work and come home to visit with the family last week. After a couple of months of NCO school in Florida, his next assignment will be Afghanistan. It amazes me at how casually he and other military folks make these foreign assignments sound. He says I worry too much. Personally, I don't think a mother can worry too much.

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised at his physical appearance upon return from Iraq. He gained 22 pounds, so he finally has some meat on his skinny bones. He has started eating fruits and vegetables and drinking water instead of sodas. The stay in Iraq turned him into a health nut.

Shaun is working out several days a week, running 9 miles a week and eating health food. I had imagined he was existing on MREs and snack food. He said while in Balad he had 24-hour access to all the meat, fish, fresh fruits and vegetables he wanted to eat. I think he got spoiled with the variety. But that's a good thing. Maybe I will worry less about him with his next assignment.

Sharon Cawood
Director of Business Development
ScanStore
www.scanstore.com & www.simpleindex.com
sharon@scanstore.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger